Monday, January 12, 2009

Post #9 - New 24, NL200 & Home Donkaments

For those of you expecting to see something about Jack Bauer here, that wasn't the 24 I was referring to in my title. The new 24 is actually a Samsung (1920x1200 resolution), which is just what I needed for 6 tabling. I got a really sick deal! Office Depot had them for $300 after a $39 instant rebate (compared to Circuit City's $399), and using 3 $100 Visa gift cards brought my out of pocket total to about $24. Ship it!

I was sure that as soon as I fired it up, I was going to experience some sort of "new monitor curse", so instead of my usual 6 tables of NL100, I opted for NL200. Why not right? 4 hours later, I was up $800+ and happy to book a win on the new monitor and new level. I'm still just under my desired 30 Buy Ins for NL200, but I'll stick around for a few more sessions and see how things go. If I drop a few BI's, I'll go back to NL100, but if I can manage to eek out some wins or have a big session, I'm here until NL400 comes calling.

My volume this week (hours) was a bit down due to the BCS games and no Saturday or Sunday play, but I booked a good week and I'll be ready to attack NL200 this week and hopefully get in 20 hours of online play.

On Saturday evening, my boss hosted a 27 person donkament for friends and customers. This is the 5th or 6th time we've done this and my record is something like......2 wins (outright), 2 chops, and a 3rd. We use a T1000 structure, $20 Buy In with unlimited rebuys for the first two hours and an add-on at the break. It's a soft field (obv), but I still managed to drop 4 BI's before ever winning a hand! The fifth was the charm though, and I manged to run real goot for the last 3 hours before agreeing to a chop with my buddy Jason. The total prize pool was $1300 and paid the top 5. Jason and I split the 1st and 2nd place money for $400 each even though I held a 3.5-2 chip lead. Good times were had by all (except my boss, who can't deal with losing).

Workouts are really rolling along. My new schedule is 45min/day Monday-Saturday, with Sunday being a rest day. I'd like to incorporate some yoga into my workouts. My flexibility is laughable! It's pretty embarassing to be an ex division 1 athlete and not be able to touch your toes anymore. I have back problems that compound the issue, but that's a pathetic excuse I won't use anymore. Ideally, I would like to do 20-30 minutes of yoga first thing in the morning, but I'm not sure I can manage to get myself out of bed an hour earlier. It's a goal.

No comments: