Monday, January 26, 2009

Post #12 - Swonguary 2009

This is how I will remember January unless I can get a nice heater to finish the month. My graph looks like some obnoxious roller coaster that makes you vomit, so I'll probably refrain from causing any motion sickness in the one or two readers of this blog. I've been +2000, -800, +800, -800, and I'm sitting at a pitiful +70 right now (better than -70 in a "half full" world I guess). Everytime I put together a couple days of good play, I seem to follow that up with a disastrous day that eats up almost all of my profit from the previous days. The worst part is I've been doing a bunch of studying over that time period, so I don't know if I am applying things incorrectly, at the wrong times, or just not understanding the concepts. Thank you DC for making me feel completely clueless right now ;)

I'm enlisting the help of an established winner at SS&MSNL 6max, and I hope it can develop into a great poker relationship. I could definitely use the help right now, so it's good to know that I have someone to get me through the rough spots and help me get my bankroll and game ready to move up in stakes. There's no guarantee this will happen, but my "mentor" seems confident, so we shall see.

3 comments:

imthatguy said...

If you've enlisted who I think you've enlisted... you're in good hands.

Maybe you're trying to incorporate too many concepts at once. Have you considered going down a level to experiment for awhile?

I'm starting near the bottom and building slowly, maybe you need to make a similar adjustment.

GL Sir.

Jason said...

Stick with it J. I'm curious who yo have hooked up with for coaching. PM me if you dont mind

Josh said...

Thanks guys!

I'm actually getting coaching from "jongreenway" at DC. He plays primarily NL200 at FTP, and basically kills it and is happy to stay there instead of moving up in limits like most people. I really like his philosophy as well as his style, so I think it's going to be a good match in the end.