Monday, January 19, 2009

Post #11 - Back to NL100, Back in the right direction

I'm still kind of reeling from my brief jump to NL200. It's hard watching 1/3 of your bankroll go flying out the window when you got in with the best of it 90% of the time. That being said, I'm happy with myself for not chasing my losses and getting into a bigger hole. Instead, I sucked it up and put in 5k hands of NL100 on Saturday and Sunday to get myself back on stable ground and start moving in the right direction again. I won a little over 6 BI's, and I'm again on the positive side for the month.

I finally took the time to get my HUD setup and running, and it's tough following the stats on 6 tables at a time. I had to make a cheat sheet to remind me of what each number represented (embarrassed). I'm sure that once I get used to it and build a bigger database on the players that it will be extremely helpful, but right now, it's almost more of a hindrance than helpful.

The installs that helped more than anything this weekend were some FTP mods from Tiltbusters. I downloaded one of their table mods, and found some cards and Paulson Pharoahs chips as well. The new setup looks great and makes it much easier to multitable!


I highly recommend checking out Tiltbusters even if you are just bored with your current setup, as they have mods for most sites inlcuding FTP, Stars, UB, etc.

I wasn't originally planning on depositing into my FTP account (originally funded with transfer), but with my recent downswongy attempt at NL200, I decided to dump $600 in so I could take advantage of the signup bonus. It's a free $600 right? I cleared $120 of it this weekend, and I hope to have it all cleared in the next week or so.

I did get a nice $200 in rakeback last week because of my shot at NL200. Would have been great if I didn't drop $1200 during the process. At some point, I hope to start withdrawing my rakeback every month, but for now, it's staying in and helping build my roll. I'll likely be staying at NL100 for a while. It was worth the shot when I felt like I could do no wrong, but now that reality and variance have set in, I'll just stay where I'm at until I feel HEAVILY rolled to move up in stakes. For me, that probably means somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 BI's. I'd rather be a bankroll nit and play more aggressively on the tables, than be a nit at the tables and play in too big of a game where I'm scared money or less confident.

I'm still going strong at 45min/day, 6days/week on level 4, and I think it's time to bump up the time or level next month. I'm thinking going to level 5 is the answer. At the end of 45 minutes, I'm still feeling REALLY strong. I still want to find time to add some yoga workouts during the week, but I haven't come up with a plan I feel good about. I need to get on that though, my back and shoulders have been really sore lately, so I need to incorporate some serious stretching to my routine.

One last thing regarding my back, shoulder and neck issues........I'm considering getting an ergonomic chair for poker. I've been told it's a MUST for grinding long hours, so after a bunch of research and shopping, I think I've settled on the Raynor Ergohuman. There's an Austin store that sells on Ebay and they have a great deal with 30% off through Microsoft Live making the cost only about $400 instead of $650+. Part of me thinks it's crazy to spend $400 on a chair, but I've heard countless testimonials about the benefits of an ergonomic chair, so I'm most likely taking the plunge.

Hasta Luego!

No comments: