Monday, December 8, 2008

Post #4 - Weekly Update

Week #1 is in the books. I didn't meet all of my goals, but I feel like I made good progress towards them. It's really obvious to me now just how out of shape I am. 20-30 minutes on the elliptical isn't a real vigorous workout, but I can definitely feel it in my legs. Ash and I were supposed to swing by 24hour fitness yesterday and sign up for the 1 week trial to see if we liked it and could actually make the time to get over there consistently.........We didn't go. Lazy Sunday.


Week #1 Results -

WorkOut:
Monday - Brick
Tuesday - 20mintues Level3
Wednesday - 25minutes Level3
Thursday - 30minutes Level3
Friday - Brick
Saturday - Brick
Sunday - 30minutes Level3


Just realized that Holdem Manager is on my laptop at home so I will have to fill in daily stats when I get home tonight. Overall, it looked something like this...............

5500 hands - 14 hours played - 7bb/100 + $110 rakeback = +$515

Obviously I took a few hits this weekend, and it drastically dropped my bb's/100, but what can you do when AKc runs into AKd all in preflop and the villain flops two diamonds and rivers the flush. Also had KK vs. AA twice for two buyins down the drain.

Overall, I'm pretty happy about the first week. I've got a good start to my workout program, and I logged 5k+ hands four tabling NL100. I'm not sure that 20hours/week is a realistic goal right now. 2hours/day with an occassional long session is probably where I need to be given my other obligations and goals.

Week #2 Goals -
* 15hours/5k+ hands four tabling NL100
* 35-45mintues/day Level3
* 24hour fitness membership

3 comments:

Jason said...

Great Blog Josh. I just saw your comment on my blog post -- I am sure coaching would be helpful but it all depends on the coach you go with. I am not an expert at all on this. Talk with JoJo as he was working with one of the online poker coaching sites.

I like your hands/week goal - I will probably start using those too. I need to break up the monotony with some SnG or MTT games though.
J

Jason said...

I forgot to ask -- when you reference rake back I assume you mean on FTP not Pokerstars. I wish there was rake back on Stars. If there is please let me know

Josh said...

J-

Yes, the rakeback is definitely on FullTilt. I can't believe I waited this long to get an account. I logged only 14.7 hours, just over 5k hands, and I'm getting $112 back.