Thursday, December 4, 2008

Post #2 - 6am = lolz

Maybe I'll just do the elliptical after work. 6am is too early for me right now. Feel free to comment on how big of wimp I am, I already know. That being said, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical yesterday on the random setting of level 3. It felt good, and I had much more energy the rest of the evening where I am usually a tired sack of.........

Poker goals are going well. I've played almost 2000 hands of NL100 so far this week and I'm running pretty hot according to Holdem Manager (29bb/100). Those numbers would be better had I not gotten crazy with AQ twice yesterday. Both times I raised from the button and was three bet from the big blind. The flop brought an A with a flush draw on both occassions and I got it all in WAY BEHIND against AK and AA. Ouch. I now see why Phil Ivey says that he has lost more money with AQ than any other hand in his poker career. I need to learn to trust my instincts better as well. Both times I had a feeling I was beat, but couldn't get away from the hand.

In other news, my favorite band is coming back to Texas for the first time since fall of 2002. On February 6th, 7th ad 8th, The Disco Biscuits will make their triumphant return to the Southwest and blow the minds of unsuspecting concert goers and rabid fans like yours truly. B'gock!

No comments: