Monday, March 2, 2009

Post #15 - Recovery

That is my goal for March...........REBUILD & RECOVER.

Things have been so sh!tty recently, that writing about them isn't even cathartic. If something can go wrong recently, it has. I'm really trying hard to keep a positive outlook on everything, but it's just getting harder and harder each day that I have drag myself to the job I hate. I really think all the other things would seem so much less troubling if I wasn't miserable for 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week. So, I'm starting to formulate my "exit strategy". Luckily, my beautiful and intelligent wife may be starting her dream job in Austin this summer, which means finally getting out of Htown, and possibly having a bit more financial freedom to take a pay cut and do something I love (fingers crossed).

My workouts have come to a stand still due to my recent bout with teh shingles, but I'll be getting back to regular 6 day/week sessions now that I'm close to 100%.

Last, but certainly not least, poker. L.O. f'n L. Play bad, run bad. Play good, run bad. I've tried it all recently. Super NIT, TAG, LAG, you name it, I've tried it, and I can't seem to find a style that works for me. My coach seems confident that I am just going through a rough patch, and that I should be able to beat these limits easily, but my confidence is shot. I pretty much put the coaching on hold to go back and start from scratch watching as many of the uNL and ssNL vids as I can, and...........drop down to NL50.

No comments: